ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C)
Features of Vitamin C
- Protects the skin from UVA/UVB sun damage
- Inhibits the development of skin cancer
- Co-factor in collagen production and must be present for formation to occur
- Stimulates fibroblast cells which produce collagen
- Can double the production of new collagen
- Thickens the epidermis and “plumps out” lines and wrinkles
- Strengthens elastin in the skin and blood vessels
Reference from physicians and surgeons skin resurfacing system
ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C) is essential to health and life. Ascorbic Acid is essential for the production of procollagen, the precursor to collagen synthesis. It also plays a vital role in elastin production. It is also a potent free radical scavenger. Vit C, in the ascorbic form, also reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation and helps speed up the healing process within the skin.
How it works
Vitamin C when used topically helps reduce free radical damage caused by sun exposure, pollution and smoking. It also has wound healing capabilities and antioxidant properties. When Vit C is used with Vit E, antioxidant effects are more potent due to a synergistic effect.